maandag 25 maart 2013

Verjaardag!


Last week was indeed, my 17th birthday. Saturday the 16th, extended family and a few close family friends came over to celebrate the birthdays of Rob, Katharina, Tim, Roos (family friend), and I. It was very nice, delicious food, fun people, and leuke cadeautijes! There must have been at least thirty people over! Uncles, aunts, cousins, grandfathers, neighbors, dogs, and more. The night prior, we all spent cleaning and cooking in preparation- making cupcakes, quiches, you name it! The party was a success, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I got the movie, "500 Days of Summer," nail polish, hand cremes, money, jewelry, stroopwafels, and socks! After the party, I went to Vierkantje with the girls, because Sunday just happened to be Beau's birthday! 

 Monday was the Daltonloop- a 5km run that most of the school is required to participate in. I got a 29.02, which considering my exercise level here is little to nothing....a pretty respectable time. Not to mention, 18 seconds faster than Tim! 

On Tuesday, we celebrated my birthday and Kat's as well- ate pannenkoeken for dinner, and exchanged gifts afterwards. I got DVD's, hair clips, cake-pop maker w/book, Dutch book called "Matchbook," makeup, and tickets to MAROON 5's CONCERT! It's in July, three days before I leave.

Beau, Maartje, Pascale and Fiona had wanted to throw a birthday party together at some point- and said that I could join in. So in two weeks, we will be giving a party! The theme is Cowboys and Indians (stole it from one of my high school's dance themes). Seems easy enough to dress up for! 

This week is test week, and this morning I took my math exam. It was very hard...I had thought I was so prepared for it, but now I'm doubting. We'll see. My next exam is Thursday, and then Friday I will be going to Tilburg to visit my friend Marlie. Saturday we'll spend the day in Antwerp! 

Yesterday I got an email from AFS with my travel itinerary for my return home...a bit sad and startling, but hey, I still have three months left! 

-Molly


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten