dinsdag 1 januari 2013

Kerstmis!


Christmas has come and gone again. It was gezellig here with eight people- Katharina, her sister Tini, Tim, Dennis, Rob, Marijke and I. On Christmas Eve we had a three-course dinner, and on Christmas day we had a five-course dinner! Each course was prepared by two people. Dennis and I made mussels, and Marijke and I made cute cupcakes that looked like Santa hats!
Sharing gifts Christmas morning was very nice as well- it took hours! From Dennis I got those two posters on my wall (; Vampire Diaries is my favorite show, and I'm slightly in love with Damon Salvator...so it was the perfect gift! I also got very nice perfume from Tim (Burberry!), The Vow, candles, earrings, english/dutch dictionary, and several other gifts! I also opened up boxes I had received in the mail from my aunt in Japan, family friends in Juneau, my gramma, and of course my family!
It's known that Christmas time is the hardest for AFS students, or so I've heard. I can definitely vouch for that...nobody said it was easy, right? Well I won't go too in-depth, but I did have some low points due to homesickness. All in all however, Christmas was gezellig and memorable. I talked with my family for ten minutes or so, and then Skyped them two days later for two hours! It was so so so nice catching up with them, seeing Maddie at home and such (she is home for the holidays). Here my dad's showing me their tree, and pointing out all of my old ornaments I made when I was younger.

On the second night of Christmas (two days are celebrated here), Kat, Tini and I went out to Braaf which was relaxing and leuk. With eight people in the house at all times it got a bit chaotic!

Well, on Christmas Eve I reached the four-month mark here! Sounds like such a long time, but at the same time it went by relatively fast.

-Molly

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten