zondag 28 april 2013

Fashion shows, City Golf, Tulips and more!

What a busy weekend! Friday night Katharina invited me to go to a fashion show on the beach in The Hague with a friend of hers. It was pretty neat, although very cold. Good music, and fun fashion nonetheless.

Haarlem might possibly be one of my favorite cities here. It looks very similar to Amsterdam, but smaller, with less people, and more cozy! This past weekend we had the Alders Family Weekend, that happens every three years. Extended family from Rob's side all get together for two days, and catches up with each other! We stayed in the Stayokay Hostel, and on Saturday played "City Golf" through Haarlem. What is City Golf? It's where in teams, you literally play golf through Haarlem, using a soccer ball and a handmade golf club, as you can see below...the hard part was trying not to hit pedestrians!
We ended the day at the carnival, where I went on the scariest ride ever with Dennis and Tim! I knew I would regret it though if I didn't go, so I took a chance...closed my eyes and screamed the entire time! It was one of those rides with the long arm, that holds you upside down, looking over the entire city. Not funny! 

In the evening we barbecued and I got to know a few family members. The next morning we all headed to the beach, and drank coffee on a terrace outside. Heerlijk weather!
 
We also drove through a town full of rows and rows of brightly colored tulips, and other flower types. It was beautiful, really what you see in cheesy tourist-postcards from Holland.
This past week was also my last week of school before the May Vacation, and I got my math retake grade back! I was so nervous I almost didn't look. Good thing I did, not only did I pass...I got a 6.9! Brought up my grade, and now I am passing math...in a foreign country!

Monday evening is Koninginnenach, and Tuesday is QUEENS DAY! I am so excited, it's the last Koninginnedag for who knows when...I have heard about it since the day that I got here, so I cannot wait. Don't know what me and my friends will do yet, but I'm sure it will be fun!

-Molly

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten